In recent years, many people have touted the benefits of coconut shreds, coconut water, coconut cream, coconut butter, coconut oil, coconut milk, coconut flour, and coconut soya sauce. The list of coconut products available seems endless.Recently, the popularity of coconut oil skyrocketed, and there’s a reason for it. In fact, there are about 127 good reasons for its popularity.
Coconut (C. Nucifera) is a member of the Arecaceae (Palmae) family and the subfamily Cocoideae. The flesh of the coconut is rich in healthy acids. The composition of fat in a coconut varies depending on the type of coconut or the way it was processed.
Medium-chain saturated fatty acids are approximately 90 percent of the coconut’s content, combined with a small amount of mono-unsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids.
The body can effortlessly absorb, use and digest medium-chain saturated fatty acids (MCFA’s). That’s because they can freely cross the blood-brain barrier in their inbound form. This means they can be used to provide energy and promote neurological health.
Unrefined (virgin) coconut oil is extremely useful. At the same time, coconut oil is cheap, taste, natural and readily available. Also, it has powerful, health-promoting properties including:
– Antioxidant properties, which prevents the formation of free radicals and the damage they cause
– Anti-inflammatory properties
– Infection-fighting/Anti-microbial properties that effectively kills yeast, protozoa, viruses, bacteria and parasites
– It’s non-toxic to humans, animals, or both
– It enhances nutrient absorption, which is easily digestible and makes fat based vitamins (including A, D, E and K) available to the body
– Powerful anti-carcinogenic properties which boost the immune system and inhibits the spread of cancer cells
Therefore, the oil is remarkable for use in a number of cases.
Internal Health Problems
If you take coconut oil internally it can alleviate, help and prevent a number of the following health issues.
2. Asthma – in adults, children, or both
3. Chronic and adrenal fatigue
4. Diabetes – coconut oil can stabilize blood sugar levels and prevent food cravings
5. Acid Reflux and Indigestion – you should consume coconut oil after meals
6. Bronchial Infections and Cystic Fibrosis
7. Cognitive Disease and Mild Depression – take coconut oil with fish oil. Use this in combination with CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) and other treatment.
8. Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
9. Allergies, including seasonal hay fever
10. Bowel function including IBD (inflammatory bowel disease), constipation, and gut infections
11. Candida Albicans
12. Cholesterol – improves the ratio of HDL (the good cholesterol), to the LDL (the bad cholesterol) in a person’s cholesterol level
13. Cancer – studies have shown that coconut oil can help to prevent breast and colon cancer
14. Kidney Stones and Disease – it’s helpful since it dissolves small kidney stones
15. Poor Circulation – If you have a case of edema, or feel cold in the extremities, you should apply coconut oil to the skin in a circular motion towards the heart.
16. Cold and Flues- Coconut oil has potent antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties which are useful in the case of flu and colds
17. Gallbladder Disease – Dietary oils increase the bile flow, which can be helpful in the case of gallbladder issues
18. Dry, Flaky Skin – insufficient amount of oil can lead to dry skin and dandruff
19. Gas – bacterial imbalances in the gut can lead to foul gas. Coconut oil has anti-bacterial properties and helps to re-establish healthy levels of gut flora
20. Heart Disease – coconut oil can provide protection for arteries from injuries that leads to atherosclerosis
21. Menstruation Relief – coconut oil can alleviate cramps, heavy blood flow, and pain
22. Irritable Bowel Syndrome – the key signs of IBS are alternating constipation and diarrhea
23. Epilepsy – coconut oil can reduce epileptic seizures
24. Liver Disease
25. Hot Flashes
26. Hemorrhoids – apply coconut oil internally or externally twice daily to the affected area
27. H. pylori – take coconut oil orally
28. Prostate Enlargement – BPH is benign prostatic hyperplasia
29. Urinary Tract Infections and Bladder Infections
30. Migraines – Use coconut oil regularly
31. Immune System Builder
32. Periodontal Disease and Tooth Decay
33. Thyroid Function – coconut oil provides regulation in case of an underactive or overactive thyroid gland
36. Mental Clarity
37. Lung Disease
40. Stomach Ulcers – it can reduce the growth of H. pylori and sooth the stomach lining
Topical Health Issues
The topical use of coconut oil can treat, help or relieve the following health issues:41. Pink eye – apply coconut oil to the eye and around it
43. Decongestant – if you’re congested due to a cold or allergy, you should rub coconut oil under the nose and on the chest
44. Athlete’s foot
45. Back Pain and Sore Muscles
46. Hives – coconut oil reduces itching and swelling
47. Ear Infection – you can fight infection and reduce pain by pouring several drops of garlic oil and coconut oil into the ear twice daily
48. Head Lice – apply coconut oil topically
49. Acne – The skin most susceptible to acne is excessively dry, which means your glands produce more oil and clog pores
50. Boils and Cysts
51. Herpes – you can apply coconut oil topically or take it orally
52. Allergies and Hay Fever – for fast relief, rub a little coconut oil inside your nostrils and pollen will cling to the oil
53. Genital Warts – in many cases, genital warts will vanish on their own within 2 years of the initial infection, however, if you use coconut oil topically, you can cure them after a 6-month treatment
54. Canker Sores, Gingivitis, and Gum Disease – you can rub the oil directly on the gums or use it as toothpaste
55. Toenail Fungus
56. Circumcision Healing – oil can be helpful
Personal Hygiene and the Body
57. Bruises – this reduces swelling and redness and can accelerate healing. Apply coconut oil directly to the bruise.
58. Body Scrub – mix some salt with the oil. You can add some essential oils for a better smell. Rub the mixture over your body. Afterward, wash the mixture off and your skin will feel extremely soft.
59. Skin Conditions – Coconut oil can provide relief for people suffering from psoriasis, dermatitis, and eczema.
60. Burns – The oil can prevent scars and promote healing. Apply it immediately to the burn area and use it until the issue is resolved.
61. Bug Bites – The oil accelerates healing while reducing the itching and burning sensation. Apply it directly to the affected area.
62. Swimmer’s Ear – Mix garlic oil and coconut oil. Pour a few drops of the mixture in each ear, leaving it in for 10 minutes. Repeat this method two to three times each day and your problem will be solved in a few days.
63. Dandruff – Dandruff may be caused by oil secretion. Coconut oil can reduce this, moisturize the scalp and provide relief from the common symptoms of dandruff.
64. Hair Conditioner and Deep Treatment – Apply a teaspoon of coconut oil to the ends of the hair with your fingers. This can be an effective leave-in conditioner. For a deep treatment, rub a Tablespoon of this oil onto a dry scalp. Rub a bit of oil into the hair ends, puts on a shower cap and leave it on overnight.
65. After Shave – Coconut oil heals the skin after shaving and will not clog your pores.
66. Wrinkle Reduction and Prevention – rub coconut oil on your sagging skin and wrinkles. The oil will rejuvenate the skin and strengthen the connective tissues.
67. Deodorant – use coconut oil as a deodorant. It can provide amazing effects when you combine it with cornstarch or arrowroot powder and baking soda.
68. Chapstick – rub coconut oil on your lips, soften and protect then. Coconut oil has an SPF of about 4.
69. Face Wash and Soap – Mix coconut oil with olive oil, avocado oil, almond oil and castor oil in equal amounts. Use this mixture to wash our face. Use this mixture instead of soap. Rub it into your face, then leave it on for 2 minutes, giving it time to act and it will support cell regeneration.
70. Age Spots – In order to make age spots fade, apply oil directly to the age spots.
71. Diaper Salve – It does not contain any chemicals. Use it on a rashy bum. This salve is safe to use with cloth diapers.
72. Baldness – Mix coconut oil, Grapeseed/castor oil, castor oil, thyme, cedarwood, rosemary, jojoba oil, lavender, and a little cayenne pepper. This mixture should be applied at bedtime at least three times daily. Massage it into the affected area. The mix will support cell regeneration.
73. Eye Cream – At bedtime, apply coconut oil to the eyelids. In order to reduce puffiness, bags, and wrinkles and apply it under the eyes.
74. Nipple Cream – coconut oil can nourish cracked, dry, and sore nipples. Apply some to a cotton ball and leave it on the affected areas between feedings.
75. Healing – As soon as you apply coconut oil on scrapes and cuts, there should be a thin layer that prevents dust, bacteria, and viruses. It accelerates the healing process by repairing damaged tissues.
76. Lubricant – Note that coconut oil is not compatible with latex, however, it is a completely safe personal lubricant for masturbation and sex.
77. Cradle Cap – Coconut oil nourishes a baby’s skin and helps you to get rid of cradle cap. Rub some into your scalp on a daily basis.
78. Massage Oil – Get some coconut oil, rub it in for a great massage. You can mix this with other massage oils for better results.
79. Hair Gel and Defrizzer – Rub some coconut oil between the palms. Finger comb, in case your hair is curly. Scrunch the oil into your hair ends.