Have you noticed a few new wrinkles on your face and traces of fatigue? If so, then you may need this great facial mask.
In addition to being completely natural, this simple and economical mask can help tighten the skin almost as well as the controversial Botox.
This facial mask is a great treatment that can help prepare for a celebration, meeting, or sudden event. And since the effect of the mask is fast, you can quickly be seen after the first use.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 5 tablespoons fresh squeezed carrot juice (if you don’t own a juicer, grate the carrot, mix it in a blender and strain the mixture through a sieve)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
How to prepare the mask:
- Dissolve the cornstarch in half a glass of cold water.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture into a small saucepan and add 100 ml of boiling water to the pan.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly, then add the sour cream and carrot juice. Mix the ingredients well.
- Apply the mixture to a clean face. Let the mask stand on your face for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse the mask off with warm water and apply a nourishing moisturizing cream.
You can store the remaining facial mask in your refrigerator. For the best effect, use the mask three days in a row.
How Does It Work?
The cornstarch is one of the most common ingredients in facial masks because it’s absorbent and helps retain moisture.
Carrots are rich in beta carotene. It is also a natural source of vitamin A, which offers several benefits to your skin.
This facial mask is also rich in antioxidants, which can slow the skin’s aging process. It has natural anti-aging features:
Promotes skin cell regeneration.
Helps the skin maintain moisture.
Antiseptic qualities that can prevent infection and strengthen your immune system.
Effective in curing acne by helping with pimples and wound healing.
Sour cream, is a type of fermented milk product, which has lactic acid which is essential for skin health and beauty.
Sour cream helps the skin retain moisture and can help to stimulate collagen production, this can help form connective tissue to support skin health.
Lactic acid is an ingredient in many cosmetic facial care preparations.
Lactic acid is an active ingredient in sour cream. It’s a type of alpha-hydroxy acid. In the mask, you can exfoliate the skin by encouraging new skin cell production and reduce wrinkles.
However, as with all alpha-hydroxy products, this facial mask can increase the skin’s sensitivity to light. So, make sure you stay away from the sun after getting this facial treatment.